- Completion of Acquisition of Geiger Automotive GmbH Shares
- Donations and Support Activities in Response to the Pacific Coast Tohoku Earthquake
- Report on the Impact of the Pacific Coast Tohoku Earthquake
- Sanoh Begins Local Production of Automotive Tubing in the U.S.
- Sanoh Industrial Co., Ltd. has Established a New Company in the U.S. for Marketing and Engineering Services
“Greenery Curtains”: A Wall-Greening Initiative
The “greenery curtains” at every Sanoh facility have flourished again this year. At the Koga Factory in Ibaraki prefecture, the soil was entirely replaced and sponge gourd and morning glory were grown in the new fertile ground. Although record high temperatures somewhat affected the growth of the plants, through dedication and determination, we still succeeded in growing lavish greenery curtains that now cover the exterior walls.
The first wall-greening initiative was launched at Sanoh in 2007, with a focus on energy conservation; following its success in reducing electricity usage, the wall-greening initiative has been implemented company-wide since 2009. The growing of greenery curtains has become an annual summer tradition in which Sanoh employees collaborate and work toward a shared goal.