- Completion of Acquisition of Geiger Automotive GmbH Shares
- Donations and Support Activities in Response to the Pacific Coast Tohoku Earthquake
- Report on the Impact of the Pacific Coast Tohoku Earthquake
- Sanoh Begins Local Production of Automotive Tubing in the U.S.
- Sanoh Industrial Co., Ltd. has Established a New Company in the U.S. for Marketing and Engineering Services
Disaster Relief Activities
Sanoh is engaged in ongoing relief activities to provide support to areas affected by natural disasters.
The Self-Supporting Sandbag Sheets developed by Sanoh employees during relief efforts following the 2011 East Japan Earthquake are being used in many places today. More than five years after the earthquake, Sanoh still continues to make and send these Sandbag Sheets to areas affected by earthquakes and/or typhoons, such as Yamada, Iwate Prefecture; Asaminami Ward, Hiroshima Prefecture; Joso, Ibaraki Prefecture; and Mashiki, Kumamoto Prefecture.
Word of the handiness of Sanoh’s Self-Supporting Sandbag Sheets has spread among volunteers throughout Japan, and we have received numerous requests from various volunteer organizations, asking for donations of the Sandbag Sheets. To date, Sanoh has donated a total of 820 Self-Supporting Sandbag Sheets nationwide.
Volunteers from around the country have sent us positive messages that the Sandbag Sheets reduce strain on the body and enable relief work to be done more efficiently. Sanoh will continue our efforts to support communities in need as well as the volunteers that work hard to help them.
* The Self-Supporting Sandbag Sheet has been patented as a “Self-Supporting Opening-Retaining Tool for Flexible Bags” (utility model registration no. 3170771).