- Completion of Acquisition of Geiger Automotive GmbH Shares
- Donations and Support Activities in Response to the Pacific Coast Tohoku Earthquake
- Report on the Impact of the Pacific Coast Tohoku Earthquake
- Sanoh Begins Local Production of Automotive Tubing in the U.S.
- Sanoh Industrial Co., Ltd. has Established a New Company in the U.S. for Marketing and Engineering Services
Contributing to Product and Vehicle Weight Savings
Sanoh's achievements in product and technology development contribute to automotive component weight savings and environmental measures.
The Lexus LS 500 introduced on December 18, 2017 is the first vehicle to be equipped with Sanoh's new plastic tubing for water cooling. Water cooling tubing is used in coolant lines that transfer water between a turbocharger intercooler and a dedicated radiator. We applied our expertise in manufacturing plastic tubing used in fuel lines to develop this water cooling tubing, which achieves a 35% weight savings compared to our conventional stainless-steel metal tubing.
Sanoh water cooling tubing can be used not only in internal combustion engine vehicles, but also in electric vehicles (EVs), hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), and fuel cell vehicles (FCVs), making it a product that can be expected to play an important role in the weight savings of next-generation vehicles.
Sanoh will continue our active efforts in research and development as we strive to deliver products that meet our customers' expectations.